Friday, January 25, 2013

Introduction

This blogs purpose will be to document my past and present what I like to call "adventures". Around 4.5 years ago I had an idea to run a marathon. I ended up running my first marathon 4 months after that in 4:02. I have since completed numerous running races with 14 of them being 26.2 miles or longer, including a 101.4 mile race called Javelina Jundred in Arizona on October 23, 2010. I honestly think that was close to my limit as far as running goes. Anytime I attempt to train for another long running race, I end up getting hurt during the training process. This includes, but is not limited to: IT band issues, stress fracture in the hip, stress fracture in the foot, and Achilles tendinitis. It's safe to say, I'm not meant to be a long distance runner, at least not with the limited amount of running I have in my background.

Once I finished my degree I wanted to take a multi day long distance trip. I ended up riding a bicycle 4400 miles in 54 days across the country. I rode across 10 states and met so many people I will remember for the rest of my life. The first part of my "adventure" blog will be a recount of my personal journal, in which I wrote in everyday during my trip. I will recap a brief summary of my journal in the beginning posts of this blog.

My future plans are to take ultra endurance cycling to the limit. Meaning 12 and 24 hours races and possibly the ultimate goal of RAAM (race across america). I honestly think I have some natural talent in this area and believe if I give it my all, I can achieve some amazing things, and hopefully inspire a few people along the way.

So please join me in my adventures and look forward to sharing them with anyone who may be interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment